Khobab Wind Farm is looking for a Senior Project Coordinator, who will manage the implementation of Enterprise Development (EnD) & Socio-Economic Development (SED) projects. During implementation, the Senior Project Coordinator will be responsible for managing consultants, contractors/service providers and sub-contractors and will ensure a coordinated effort is maintained throughout, whilst delivering projects on time and on budget. This role requires the individual to have a proven track record of project and people management. This position is based in Loeriesfontein in the Northern Cape province and may require a willingness to relocate.
- Understand and implement community projects under the guidance of the Economic Development (ED) Manager.
- Manage local contractors and sub-contractors during the process. Ensure that the maximum number of local labour and contractors are utilised during project implementation.
- Assist the ED Manager in EnD&SED activities and total community management implementation, in partnership with the implementation team and all stakeholders.
- Assist the ED Manager to implement EnD&SED qualitatively in communities during operations to ensure Loeriesfontein 2 & Khobab Wind Farm’s social license to operate, in partnership with the operations team.
- Apply all lessons learned throughout the project lifecycle in order to develop a world-class company community management system that makes a real, positive, measurable and sustainable impact on the communities hosting our projects.
- Conducting periodical audits on implementation service providers
- Manage any third-party consultants engaged to advise the wind farms on ED & SED project implementation, and ensure that advice received is integrated into related work.
- Manage any crisis situations that arise with stakeholders during project implementation and liaise closely with the ED Manager in this regard.
- Facilitate the transition of ED initiatives into working projects
- Relationship building and positioning with key organisations and stakeholders.
- Identifying key local champions to become third-party advocates of projects.
The preferred candidate will have:
- A minimum of 8 years relevant applicable experience in project implementation, 5 of which were working unsupervised.
- Proven track record in multi disciplinary project management is non negotiable.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety best practice application and implementation.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the renewable energy project development sector and the process to develop utility scale wind and solar projects would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of the SA Government’s renewable power procurement process;
- Understanding and experience of community social dynamics;
- Understanding and experience of local government dynamics;
- Understanding of legal environment for community engagement and development;
- Full implementation and management of projects;
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Good command of English and one other South African language
- Drivers license.
- Relevant completed tertiary qualification