INVITATION FOR TENDERS: INSTALLATION OF A SEWER NETWORK IN LOERIESFONTEIN
TENDER NUMBER: UDS450/TE/001/2023-2024
DESCRIPTION: INSTALLATION OF A SEWER NETWORK IN LOERIESFONTEIN: PHASE 1
CLOSING DATE: 15 September 2023
CLOSING TIME: 12H00
MUNICIPAL HEAD OFFICE
20 Dr Nelson Mandela Drive
CIDB: Tenderers must be registered with the CIDB in a CE class of construction works and have a grading designation equal to or higher than that determined in accordance with the sum tendered or a value determined in accordance with regulation 25(7A) of the Construction Industry Development Regulations, 2004. It is estimated that tenderers will need a grading designation of 3CE or higher.
Electronic Documents will be available in PDF format from firstname.lastname@example.org from 24 August 2023. These documents are only made available to contractors for planning purposes and will not be accepted on the closing of tenders.
Hard Copies of Documents can be collected at UDS Africa
Times Square Building, 9 Electron Street
Techno Park, Stellenbosch
Loeriesfontein Community Office
1 Main Road
Enquiries regarding tender documentation:
Mr. Cobus van der Merwe
Tel: (072) 399 4641
Office hours for collection:
Tender Documents will be available at UDS Africa and Loeriesfontein Community Office at the above addresses from 24 August 2023 from 08h30 to 16h30 on Monday to Thursday and Friday from 8:30 to 13:00.
A non-refundable fee of R500.00 for the tender document is payable to UDS
Africa via EFT
Acc Name: UDS AFRICA
Bank Name: ABSA Bank
Account No. 4066 227 228
Branch No. 632005
Reference: UDS450-TE-001 “Contractor Name”
Proof of payment will be required upon collection of tender documents. Bid Number to be used as payment reference with name of payee.
A compulsory clarification meeting will be held on Thursday, 05 September 2023 at 11:00 on Sitein Loeriesfontein.
Bids may only be submitted on the bid documentation provided by UDS Africa and must remain valid for 120 days after bid closing. Telegraphic, telephonic, telex, facsimile, e-mailed or late tenders will not be accepted.
TENDERS TO BE DEPOSITED IN: The tender box of Hantam Municipality, 20 Dr Nelson Mandela Drive, Calvinia, 8190. The tender box is open from Mondays until Thursday from 07:30 until 16:30 and Fridays from 7:30 to 13:00. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS WILL APPLY INCLUDING THE CONDITIONS OF TENDER OR TENDER PROCEDURES CONTAINED IN THE TENDER DOCUMENT:
1. Prices quoted must be inclusive of VAT.
2. A firm project completion period must be indicated.
3. The tender document must be completed in black Ink by means of a ball point pen. Pencil entries will render the tender offer non-compliant. Computerized/ typed tenders will be disqualified.
4. The Tender document must be completed on the original tender document. Copies of the tender document or parts thereof will render the document non- responsive.
5. Bidders are required to provide a realistic construction period, taking into account long leading items.
6. This tender will be evaluated in terms of the Preferential Procurement Regulations, 2022 that was promulgated by the Minister of Finance on 04 November 2022 in Government Gazette No 47452 and the supplementary regulations adopted by Hantam Municipality.
7. PROCUREMENT PREFERENCE POINT SYSTEM: 80/20. Where 80 points will be awarded for
price and 10 points according to the BBBEE classification scorecard. The remaining 10 points will be scored on locality.
8. Please take note of the responsiveness criteria as stipulated in the tender document.
9. The following forms, MBD 1, MBD 4, MBD 5, MBD 6.1, MBD 6.2 and Annexures C, D and E, MBD
7.1, MBD 8, MBD 9 and the Certificate for Payment of Municipal Services must be completed and submitted with the bid.
10. Bids that are late, incomplete, unsigned or non-compliant will not be considered.
11. No B-BBEE points will be allocated if an original / original certified copy of the B-BBEE certificate is not attached to the bid document. An originally certified Sworn Affidavit may be submitted as an alternative. No points will be allocated if a copy of a certified Sworn Affidavit is submitted with the tender.
12. Letter from SARS including PIN to validate TAX clearance and VAT registration should be submitted with the tender offer, UDS Africa will confirm the TAX Compliance after tenders are submitted.
13. A valid CSD registration certificate is compulsory and should be included in the bid offer.
14. Certified copy of the latest Municipal Account on the address of the business and that of the directors, as per CK1 must accompany the bid document (NB. Bidders may not be in arrears for more than three months with municipal rates and service charges);
15. No tender will be considered to persons in the service of the state.
16. Labour-intensive works must be performed by local labourers, SMME’S, sub- contractors (Hantam Municipality can provide the successful tenderer with a register of SMME’S registered on the database of Hantam Municipality).
17. The Contractor must ensure sustainability of SMME’S that will be utilised with in the project, which include skills transfer, capacity building, financial independence.
18. Contractor must comply with the EPWP administrative conditions.
19. Proof of registration with the Compensation Commissioner, Letter of good standing.
20. A signed Joint Venture agreement must be submitted with the tender submission. Additional Joint Venture documents must be submitted.
21. UDS AFRICA reserves the right to withdraw any invitation to tender and/ or re- advertise or to reject any formal tender. UDS AFRICA does not bind itself to accept the lowest tender or award a contract to the bidder scoring the highest number of points. Potential bidders should note that all projects in terms of this tender may not materialize.
22. Minimum threshold for Targeted Enterprises and Local Labour:
• Local labour – 5%
• Targeted Enterprises – 5%
Cobus van der Merwe